We want to provide you with updates as we continue to closely monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) as it impacts our local communities. (Latest Update: March 18, 5:15 p.m. CST)
WHAT OUR CHURCH IS DOING
Our church staff is in consultation with our Medical Response Team to assess updates and make recommendations for our church’s response to this issue. Below you will see how we will function until April 6th. This is obviously a rapidly changing situation, so any changes in plans will be communicated as we have them.
Sunday Morning Worship
Sunday Morning Worship
- We will live stream our Classic Worship Service at 9 a.m. and our Refuge Worship Service at 11:15 a.m. on our church website, church app, Facebook page, and FBC-TV Channel 13 through our local cable provider. We will not gather physically during these weeks as we seek to protect the most vulnerable among us, slow the spread of this disease, and respect the authorities God has placed over us by following their suggestions.
- We will seek to interact with our people as much as possible through this experience.
- We will live stream an adult LIFE group lesson on Sunday mornings at 10:15 a.m. and encourage our LIFE group leaders to interact with their class through various electronic means. This could include class Facebook groups, group texting, video conference call, discussion by phone, etc. Two options for a virtual video gathering are 1) Google Hangout (https://hangouts.google.com) or 2) Zoom (https://zoom.us).
- We will stream a Wednesday night worship experience at 6 p.m. including worship music and a message from God’s Word.
- We will stream THE WAVE Student Ministry service at 6:30 p.m. for our 7th thru 12th grade students.
- We will stream a brief, family-friendly devotion time at 9 a.m. on Monday through Friday.
- We will not hold any meetings, trainings, classes, activities, or events of any kind effective immediately until April 6th. Some of these events have been cancelled (such as the Women’s and Men’s Retreats at Falls Creek) and some of them have been postponed to be rescheduled at a later date (such as Serve Durant and JOURNEY Group Leader Trainings). For further information regarding a specific event, please contact our office at (580) 924-3573. We will re-evaluate anything scheduled after that date as we have more information to help us make those decisions.
- Our office staff will continue to work Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, to limit the spread of this virus, our facility will be secured and visits made by appointment to meet with our staff. If you come to the west office entrance you will find instructions on connecting with our staff to receive further assistance. In addition to this measure, our staff has been given the freedom to work remotely as necessary.
- No meetings or gatherings will take place in FBC facilities, including outside rentals of our buildings for personal gatherings.
WHAT YOU CAN BE DOING
- By all means, please carefully regard safety and travel advisories issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which can be found at www.cdc.gov.
- Be especially vigilant when it comes to hand-washing and hygiene.
- Strive to be a good neighbor.
- Honor others by keeping the appropriate social distance.
- Make phone calls and other non-physical contacts with generosity.
- Help those who have urgent need of supplies through pick up and delivery. When this is necessary, please take extreme precautions to disinfect the delivery and to keep the appropriate social distance.
- Give generously.
- I need to speak very directly because of the need at hand. Those of us who are able need to be as generous as possible with our financial giving. We have many among us whose finances have been impacted greatly by this pandemic. The generosity of our entire body will make the difference for the other members of the body during this time of need.
- As always, there are many ways for you to give. You can give: 1) IN PERSON by dropping your gift off during office hours; 2) ONLINE at www.fbcdurant.org; or 3) TEXT GIVING by texting FBCDurant and the amount you want to give to 73256, then click the link to complete your gift.
- Pray fervently.
HOW YOU CAN PRAY
2 Timothy 1:7 says “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” As believers, we have the authority which Christ has given us to pray against the spread of any disease and to pray for healing for those who have been affected by the Coronavirus.
- Begin your prayer time by praising God for His sovereignty. He still is and always will be in control of all things. Pray that we will trust Him to help us navigate this season of uncertainty
- Pray for wisdom for governmental leaders, the CDC, researchers, other medical personnel, leaders in churches, and other strategic places to respond wisely and appropriately.
- Pray for cooperation and collaboration among medical agencies and personnel around the world to work together for the well-being and health of all people.
- Pray for the protection of doctors, nurses, crisis response teams, emergency first responders, researchers and other medical professionals who risk their lives to protect ours.
- Pray for comfort and healing for those stricken with this virus. Pray they will receive the quality health care they need to regain health and strength. Pray for their healing and for the vaccine to cure and eradicate this virus.
- Pray for the protection and safety of those considered “at-heightened-risk.”
- Pray for peace, calmness, freedom from fear, anxiety, and panic among individuals and communities.
- Pray we would be proactive in proclaiming the gospel and sharing the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Through it all, pray and ask the Lord to point us back to His truth in all we say and do.
Join us for our live streaming broadcast on Sunday's at 9:00 A.M. and 11:15 A.M.
Follow along with us through our sermon content being preached every Sunday.